|Walter in the 80's|
|Walter in the present|
Picture courtesy of Google & wikipedia
- Born : 7th March 1947 in Regensburg , Germany.
- At the age of 16 , he begin to work as a driver for a bishop who travell to visit all his follower and religious activities all around Germany .
- The total milege he has to covered for all this road trips are 120,000KM anually which equvalent to as many as 100 trips from Hatdyai , Thailand to Singapore every year .WOW !!! Unbelievable !!!
- He is the most famous auto racing figure who brings championship to all the manufacturer team he been participated such as Fiat , Opel , Lancia , Audi , Porsche and Ford .
- Started in 1968 as a professional rally driver aged 21.
- Career in rally between early 70's to the early 80's.
- Win 4 times championships in Monte Carlo rally.
- He was named "Genius On Wheel ".
- He also elected " Rallye driver of the century " and also "Rallye driver of the millenium " in Italy.
- A jury out of 100 worldwide motorsport experts elected him "Best rallye driver ever ".
- He scored the fastest time during a special mountain rally race call the " Race to the cloud" in Pikes peak , Grand Canyon in the 80's.
- After retired from rallying he still active in 24 hours Nurburing endurance race with Porsche and achieved fantatic results.
- He also the ambassador and senior test driver for Porsche for the past 17 years who responsible for test all the new Porsche such as the 911 turbo , GT2 , GT3 , RS and most likely Carrera GT on the track before allow to leave the factory.